Learn the essential elements required within Sensory evaluation. Through practical and interactive methods, you will gain expertise within taste and smell and learn how to apply it to the evaluation of speciality coffee through the following areas:
- Introduction to identify speciality coffee qualities and how to implement them in your business.
- Understand the importance of sensory in coffee and the cupping process
- Learn about the physiology of sensory aspects; olfaction and gustation
- Identify the different tastes and aromas that exist in coffee
- Understand how to use and maintain the core equipment for coffee sensory analysis.
Prerequisites: No experience required.
Days: 1 day of training and certification. Start 10am and ends 4pm.
All the key information will enable you to gain your SCA Sensory Skill Foundation certification that consists of 4 short practical exams and a written exam (15 questions – pass rate of 60% required).
Your Sensory Education Continues
Once you have completed the SCA Sensory Skill Foundation Course, The CoffeeMind Academy offer you the opportunity to take your coffee sensory training to a higher level with the 2-day SCA Sensory Skills Intermediate Course.
The grand finale in your coffee sensory training is the 3-day Sensory Skills Professional Course.