Sensory Performance – Panel
3 days duration
€4,000.00 – €5,000.00
This exclusive course is the perfect step for companies who wants to improve the sensory skills of employees
This course is the perfect step for those who wish to improve the sensory skills of the decision making employees in a coffee company to make everybody a better coffee taster but also to align everybody in the company to make more homogeneous (better!) data when cupping.
The Sensory Scientist at CoffeeMind, Ida Steen, has taken the best from her education in Sensory and Consumer Science from the University of Copenhagen and merged it with the needs in the speciality coffee industry to design this innovative course in order to improve the precision with which quality is controlled by people and within the organization.
By taking this course your employees will:
- Gain unique and in-depth insights to personal sensory skills.
- Strengthen confidence in individual assessment abilities.
- Be able to develop better roast profiles and improve your products and services.
- Ensure that your personal perception and description of your coffees will be consistent with your colleagues, customers and other professional coffee tasters.
- Provide an overview of your strengths and weaknesses for the individuals in the company but also as a group (technically called a sensory panel) – in order for your training to address your sensory panel’s weaknesses.
- Prepare your employees for taking the SCAE sensory certifications as well as significantly increase the probability of passing a Q grader exam.
Throughout the course you will be engaged in a training process that charts your sensory skills and how it develops through the training process. After the two days of determination of your sensory skills and training, you will know exactly where your strengths and weaknesses are when it comes to coffee tasting, which gives you the best opportunities to practise and become a better coffee taster.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites required to participate in this course.
Consultancy event: 2-3 day*) event on site
- Euro 4000 per group of 4 to 8 people + travel and accommodation for 1 person (Ida Steen)
- Euro 5000 per group of 9 to 16 people + travel and accommodation for 2 persons (Ida Steen + assistant)
Location: Your company
Date: Please contact us to find a date that works for you email@example.com
*) The 2 full days are often spread out on 3 days since few roasters are able to take out staff for full 2 days solid so the 2 day program can be spread out on 3 days and even some of the sessions can be done in the evening of day 2 if that suits the production schedule better. We plan this together with you for this to make the least stress on the production during the days and in case you are able to do 3 days we can cover some bonus material in case you have time for that
|Type of service||