SCAE Coffee Roasting Professional
Take your coffee roasting skills to the highest level with the SCAE Coffee Roasting Professional Course, delivered by Morten Münchow.
Morten is the creator of the SCAE Certification system for Coffee Roasting, and you will be under his guidance for the duration of the three day course at his professional lab within the Kontra Coffee Roastery in Copenhagen. The maximum group size is 3, so you can be sure of a very personal and dedicated learning experience.
During the SCAE Coffee Roasting Professional course you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of heat, heat transfer and a more specific understanding of the physical, chemical and sensorial aspects of green and roasted coffee.
- Learn about more subtle aspects of profile roasting and how the different parts of the roasting cycle affects physical and chemical aspects of the coffee.
- Develop the required knowledge and skills as a manager to plan and execute quality control, create a product range to meet different customer segment preferences, calculate production costs, and to plan and execute lean production.
The course provides you with the key information to enable you to sit your Roasting Professional certification that consists of 5 short practical exams and a written exam (35 questions with a pass rate of 80% required).
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded 25 points towards the SCAE Coffee Diploma.
Prerequisites: It is recommended that you have been working for a minimum of two years in a position with exposure to coffee roasting before taking this module, and ideally around three to five years.
- Roasting Intermediate is mandatory.
- Sensory Skills Foundation and Intermediate (strongly recommended)
- Green Coffee Foundation, Intermediate and Professional (recommended only)
- Sensory Skills Professional (recommended only)
- Roasting Foundation (recommended only)
Days: 2 days training and 1 day certification. Every day from 10am to 4pm