- This event has passed.
SCA Sensory Skills Professional 12. March 2019
March 12 @ 10:00 am - March 15 @ 4:00 pm CET€1200
The aim of this course is to teach you to be a Sensory skills leader in a coffee business by raising your tasting skills to a professional level through the following learning areas:
- Becoming a Sensory skills leader and gaining and in-depth knowledge of the scientific background.
- Master the preparation protocol and understand of the methodology.
- Able to set up a panel and Sensory facilities.
- Learn where to apply Sensory: shelf life, NPD.
- Personal tasting skills on: Taints, SCAA Cupping, Profiling and Quality identification.
Prerequisites: SCA Sensory Skills Intermediate Course is mandatory and SCA Sensory Skills Foundation is recommended.
Please note that SCA requires a three-month gap between taking and passing an Intermediate level module and taking and passing the Professional level of the same module.
Days: 3 days training & 1 day certification.
The course provides you with the key information enabling you to pass your Sensory Skills Professional certification that consists of 4 practical exams and a written exam (35 questions – pass rate of 80% required). Successful students will be awarded 25 points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
It is recommended that students have been working for a minimum of two years in a position with exposure to sensory skills before taking this module.